Pages

Advertising

I'm Switching My Gubernatorial Endorsement

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I've been giving this a great deal of thought, listening to the measured arguments of people like this, and have decided I made a big mistake endorsing Terry McAuliffe for Governor. I therefore announce this morning that I am switching my endorsement from McAuliffe to Brian Moran. Here are a few reasons, out of literally thousands, for my decision.

1. I've decided that I actually hate "positive" campaigns. I mean, how pathetic trying to talk about the "future," your "vision," detailed "plans," etc. C'mon, Terry, tear someone a new one already, turn this into a circus and stop talking about all this "serious" stuff. Boooooring.

2. Tysons Corner sucks. I will not support any candidate who has his headquarters there. Unless, of course, they decide to build a tunnel there, then it's a different story. Go TysonsTunnel!

3. In contrast, I really like Old (or is it "Olde") Town (or is it "Towne") Alexandria.

4. I've come to the conclusion that I hate money. I was reading this list of quotes about money, including the classic "The rich are the scum of the earth in every country" by some guy (I think it's a guy) named G. K. Chesterton, and I decided that, yeah, rich people suck. Suck, I tell you! Give me someone with less money over more money any day of the week, and I'll vote for them. (I guess this means I'm not supporting Jon Bowerbank either - sorry Jon).

5. The heat in my house is on right now, and I just realized I LOVE Dominion Power. Bless you, oh Great Dominion, for the toasty coal-powered heat you provide at such reasonable rates. Whichever candidate you support, I'll support too! :)

6. Finally, I've decided that dynasties are good. I made a mistake not supporting another Clinton in the White House, and I'm not going to make that mistake again this year in Virginia. We have one elected Moran in the Commonwealth, I say we need another one. Go Brian!

With that, I will now turn this blog into "Moran Central," invite Todd Smyth to be a front pager, and start posting photos of Terry McAuliffe standing next to god knows who.

P.S. Aren't you glad it's now April?