Pages

Advertising

Edward Kennedy Jr.'s Powerful Eulogy

Saturday, August 29, 2009





I can't imagine a more powerful, moving, humorous and well-delivered eulogy than Ted Kennedy's son Edward Jr.'s. If this doesn't bring tears to your eyes - it most definitely did to mine - you must be related to The Grinch or something. In particular, I thought the story about Senator Kennedy helping Edward Jr. believe he could climb the icy hill - literally and figuratively - after his leg was amputated because of bone cancer at 12 years old.

"I know you can do it, there is nothing that you can't do. We're gonna climb that hill together, even if it takes us all day." Senator Ted Kennedy to his son

"Although it hasn't been easy at times to live with this name, I've never been more proud of it than I am today." - Edward Kennedy, Jr. at Senator Kennedy's funeral