Pages

Advertising

Charlie's In, Charlie's Out

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Well, that didn't last long:
One month after announcing his bid to unseat Rep. Eric I. Cantor, R-7th, Richmond businessman Charlie Diradour is bowing out.

He cited dedication to his family and to Richmond city in a statement released yesterday afternoon announcing his withdrawal.

Diradour, who doesn't live in the 7th District, was seeking the Democratic nomination to run against Cantor in 2010.
On his campaign website, Diradour adds, "While I am an idealist, I am also pragmatic enough to realize that this is simply not the right time for my candidacy." My question is, will there ever be a "right time" for a well-funded, serious Democratic challenge to Eric Cantor (R-Embarrassment to Virginia)? Not yet, apparently, and I think that's very unfortunate.