Pages

Advertising

Didn't Corey Stewart Endorse Keith Fimian?

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why is Pat Herrity, who declared earlier today for the Republican nomination in the 11th CD, using a favorable quote from Prince William County board chair Corey Stewart in his press release?
Pat Herrity is a good man and I am glad to see him enter the race for the 11th district congressional seat.

As a Supervisor, Pat has led the fight to reign in Gerry Connolly's legacy of out of control spending and reduce the tax burden that Gerry left on Fairfax County's citizens. Serving in local government myself, I know Pat has to deal with limited resources and large problems. I know he won't "pass the buck" in Washington.

His background in business as an accountant and Chief Financial Officer gives me the confidence that he knows how to cut the fat and find better, faster, and cheaper ways to get the job done. I am sure he'll take that same energy and expertise to Washington.

Gerry Connolly has "gone Hollywood" and chosen to cater to Nancy Pelosi's extremist base; forgetting to serve the needs of his own constituents. I am glad we have no shortage of qualified candidates to defeat him in November. - Corey A. Stewart, Chairman, Prince William County Board of County Supervisors
Nice quote by Stewart for Herrity, except for one problem: the last I checked, Stewart had endorsed Herrity's rival for the nomination, Keith Fimian. Odd.