Pages

Advertising

Great Move By Glenn Nye

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I've certainly been critical of Glenn Nye for his votes on health care reform and clean energy/climate legislation, but credit where credit is due: this is a great move by Nye.
I’ll admit it: I’m floored. Congressman Glenn Nye has signed on as a cosponsor of H.R.3017, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. He joins Virginia Reps. Bobby Scott (3rd), Jim Morna (8th), and Gerry Connolly (11th) as one of now 197 Congressmen who are co-sponsoring this bill.
Like Vivian, I'm "floored" as well. Hopefully, this is the sign of a new, improved Glenn Nye. I urge the rest of Virginia's Congressional delegation - although I have little hope for the Republican members - to cosponsor this legislation as well. Meanwhile, thank you to Glenn Nye.