Pages

Advertising

Dennis Findley Ends 10th CD Campaign

Friday, February 26, 2010

A few hours ago, I received an email from 10th CD Democratic candidate Dennis Findley, announcing that he is "ending [his] campaign for Congress in the 10th District of Virginia." Findley explains: "A family matter has arisen that requires my undivided time and attention and thus this is not the right time for me to continue my pursuit of elective office. While obviously disappointing, family always comes first and I have no regrets." He pledges to "helping the Democratic nominee for this race defeat the incumbent, Frank Wolf."

I just wanted to take a minute to thank Dennis Findley for stepping up to the plate and running for public office. Although more conservative than I am on several key issues, Dennis is a class act through and through. He is also a smart and articulate guy with a great deal of passion for helping children with special needs and learning disabilities, providing health insurance coverage for early treatment of children with autism, and many other issues. I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

P.S. Dennis Findley's withdrawal from the race leaves three other Democrats officially in the race: Rich Anthony, who I endorsed last December and who I am now consulting for; Jeff Barnett; and Julien Modica. The 10th CD apparently will decide definitively this weekend on a nomination method and date; the "firehouse primary" they tentatively decided on a few weeks ago may go by the wayside, but we'll find out soon enough.