Pages

Advertising

Signer Being "Tracked"

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

This note came in from the Mike Signer for LG campaign last night:
Interesting news from the Barnstorm tour today. Bill Bolling sent a tracker with a video camera to the Capitol today to follow our press conference. It was Adam Erby a student from UVA who has been working for Bolling’s office for months. He videoed the entire event and took notes.

I find this news intriguing, although I'm not sure how significant it is. For starters, I'd be curious to know whether the Bolling campaign is only tracking Mike Signer, or does Bolling have his people videotaping several (or all) of the Democratic LG candidates? And IF Bolling is only tracking Mike Signer, is that because he sees Signer as a particular threat or some other reason? My recollection is that in the 2006 Democratic primary between Jim Webb and Harris Miller, the Allen campaign had a tracker on Webb almost constantly, but to my knowledge they didn't track Miller at all. Everyone I've talked to about this believes it's because the Allen campaign saw Webb as a potential threat, but did not see Miller that way. What I need to find out is whether or not Bolling has been tracking Jon Bowerbank, Pat Edmonson or Jody Wagner. I'll check later today...

P.S. Signer tweets that Bolling "must be worried by my 5-Point Plan to Defeat him!" Also calls it "a form of flattery." I agree.