Pages

Advertising

Bob McDonnell Jokes About Global Warming

Saturday, February 6, 2010

I can't embed the video, so click here to watch (at about 1:20 into it) as Bob McDonnell "jokes" with the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce about global warming. It's sooooo funny, can't stop laughing, hahahahahahahahahaha. On second though, perhaps not.
It's great to be back in Loudoun, I think I was last here when you hosted a forum with my opponent and I (sic), we really appreciated that. And it's great to see so many people serving on the board, that board is four times larger than my cabinet just to give you an idea...and that oath is three times longer than the one I took a couple of weeks ago, so obviously your job's a lot more important than what I've pledged to do. Hey, I want you to know things are going great, we're all concerned about global warming and since I've been elected governor, it's snowed every week. And so, I think I've pretty much got that one taken care of.
Of course, McDonnell is from the same bunch of know nothings - the Republican Party of Virginia - that has a video out right now implying that one snowstorm in one specific location in the middle of winter negates the vast amount of scientific/empirical evidence that's been collected for decades in support of climate change science. As Waldo Jaquith points out, this is from the "so-stupid-it's-funny files." For good measure, Waldo asks, "So come August, when it’s really hot, does that mean that the RPV is wrong?" Something tells me they'll brush that off, just as the brush off the fact (courtesy of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies) that "2009: Second Warmest Year on Record; End of Warmest Decade". Facts, those troubling things!