Pages

Advertising

Bob McDonnell Disagrees With Pat Robertson on Haiti

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Well, it appears our Governor-elect isn't Pat Robertson-level crazy after all.
Gov.-elect Bob McDonnell said in a brief interview today that he hasn't seen religious broadcaster Pat Robertson's comments on Haiti directly, "but from what I know of them, I disagree with those comments."

[...]

The governor-elect said: "My heart goes out to the people of Haiti. The scope of the devastation and the hardship on the people and the scope of the death toll is just heartbreaking."

He called on Virginians and Americans to help the people of Haiti.
Good idea, I couldn't agree more. Also, I'm ecstatic to learn that the governor-elect of my state isn't an off-the-deep-end, cuckoo-for-Cocoa-Puffs looneytune like his former mentor. Phew, what a relief! :)