Pages

Advertising

Kris Amundson to Retire; Scott Surovell for Delegate!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I like Kris Amundson and am sorry to see her go, but I am happy about about the rest of the news:
Del. Kristen J. Amundson (D-Fairfax) announced today she was retiring after ten years in the House. Amundson, who has her own communications firm, said she was stepping down at the end of her term this year for financial reasons.

[...]

Running for her eastern Fairfax County seat will be Fairfax County Democratic Committee Chairman Scott A. Surovell. Surovell, who is no stranger to this blog, said he will resign from his chairmanship tonight. "I think there's a lot going on in Richmond that I'd like to get fixed," said the longtime Mount Vernon resident.
I thank Kris Amundson for her service and wish her the best in her future endeavors. With regard to Fairfax Republicans who believe they have a chance in heck at winning this seat, all I have to say is "dream on." My only concern about this situation, frankly, is what will happen regarding Scott Surovell's superb leadership of the Fairfax County Democratic Committee. Other than that, I'm very happy to see my friend Scott Surovell running for House of Delegates, and will do everything I can to support him in his campaign. Go Scott!

UPDATE: Scott's letter of resignation to the FCDC steering committee is in the comments section. Lola Quintela, who is a superb Democrat, will be in charge pending election of a new chair. I agree with Scott that FCDC "will be in good hands" with Lola Quintela at the helm.

UPDATE #2: Kris Amundson's resignation letter is here.