Pages

Advertising

Creigh Deeds on The Politics Hour

Friday, June 19, 2009

Click here to listen to Creigh Deeds, who appeared earlier today on WAMU's The Politics Hour with Kojo Nnamdi, Tom Sherwood and Mark Plotkin. The segment with Creigh Deeds runs about 9 minutes, from 28:45 to 37:45.

*"The differences between Bob McDonnell and me could not be starker."

*"Virginia's more Democratic than it was 4 years ago; the differences between Bob and I will be defined a little bit better than they were 4 years ago, and I'm gonna win."

*"I've never really dealt in left or right, or liberal or conservative, this is about the future of Virginia."

*"I don't think I'm to the right of Bob on guns; I think I am what I am...guns and alcohol don't mix, that point should be made clear."

*"Frankly, this is one of those issues that gets distorted all to pieces. My positions on guns frankly aren't that much different than Mark Warner or Jim Webb. You know, I think it's gonna take somebody from a part of the state where the Second Amendment is held in pretty high esteem to bring commonsense to issues like, for example, the gun show loophole."

*"I have talked with President Obama and I expect he'll be in Virginia campaigning with me this fall."

*"I'm confident I'll have all the resources necessary to run this race."

*"I'm not gonna give up on one square inch of territory in the general election."

*"We just raised the tobacco tax...I'm not going to propose a tobacco tax increase."