Pages

Advertising

Rest in Peace, Vito Perriello

Monday, March 2, 2009

I am very sad to hear this news:
Vito Perriello, Congressman Tom Perriello's father, died early this morning. Vito had had a massive stroke last weekend, and another stroke on Tuesday. He was taken off life support a few days ago, and he died peacefully with his family gathered around.
My condolences to the entire Perriello family, particularly my friend Tom Perriello. My thoughts are with you right now...

UPDATE: Tom Perriello issues a statement:
I appreciate the hundreds of supportive calls and notes during this devastating week, and most of all your prayers for my family. My father’s legendary integrity and sense of service will be missed not just by our family and but also by our entire community. I hope to spend decades trying to match his ceaseless lived commitment to our common humanity. Please keep my mother Linda, his loving wife of over 43 years, in your prayers.
Will do, my friend. Will do.