Pages

Advertising

Mark Warner: History Will Treat Ben Bernanke Well

Thursday, December 17, 2009


Supporting Ben Bernanke for another term as Federal Reserve Chairman is not the most popular position on the left-of-center blogs these days, but I'm strongly with Mark Warner on this one:
...there were a lot of things that you all did and the Fed did last year that were extraordinary, most of them very politically unpopular. But I absolutely believe, and I think virtually every reasonable economist from left to right agrees, that without those extraordinary actions, we could have faced economic catastrophe. And Monday morning quarterbacking is, I guess, part of the job, but I believe that history will look back on Chairman Bernanke's actions and treat him well...I look forward to supporting the Chairman in terms of his second term.
Well said, Senator Warner.