Pages

Advertising

Kaine Was Obama's "Heart" Pick, Biden Was His "Head" Pick for VP

Monday, December 21, 2009


According to this interview with Ryan Nobles, Barack Obama told Tim Kaine at one point, "you know, you are my heart pick and Biden is my head pick...Sometimes I go with my heart, sometimes I go with my head." It's an interesting comment, given that Barack Obama is widely perceived as Mr. Spock-like, going with his head over his heart in most cases. I also wonder if an Obama/Kaine ticket would have performed any better or worse than the Obama/Biden ticket, but since Obama/Biden won Virginia anyway, my guess is it wouldn't have. Also, Biden clearly brought a great deal more foreign policy and Congressional experience than Tim Kaine had, which makes him a much greater asset to Obama in the White House than Kaine would have been.