Pages

Advertising

Kaine: Obama Will Win Virginia in 2012

Tuesday, December 29, 2009


Question: It's still a few years out but it's never too early to ask, do you think that Virginia will go Democratic in the 2012 presidential election?

Kaine: Yeah, I definitely do. I think the president's doing a great job, I think the passage of the health care bill, which has been slow, tortuous, etc...is just gonna be a great thing. I think about the 1.2 million Virginians who are uninsured that I've had to really worry about over the last 4 years, and I see so much good in this bill for them. And I think the passage of the bill is gonna create a great tailwind for Democrats right away and it will be part of a wonderful record of accomplishment that this president has been able to rack up in the first year that I think is gonna grow. And I think, while it is gonna be competitive, Virginia has gone from a very red state to a completely competitive state. I think the president will Virginia again.
Is Tim Kaine being overly optimistic (as he sometimes tends to be), or is his prediction a good one? Time will tell, and a lot can happen between now and then, but I feel fairly optimistic that Barack Obama will win Virginia - and the White House - in 2012.

Courtesy of Politico