Pages

Advertising

Three New Creigh Deeds TV Ads

Monday, September 21, 2009







UPDATE: I agree with Gretchen's comment 100%. Right now, I'd say the Deeds campaign is doing a great job pounding McDonnell, but sadly a really bad job of introducing Creigh to voters in the "urban crescent" (or in coming up with messaging that makes any sense whatsoever on taxes and transportation). C'mon guys!
As an attack ad, I like the first one. I think it has a real chance of actually being heard. (That voice at the end is rather unusual.)

That said, Opportunity strikes me as a missed one. I'm still hoping for an advertisement that gives us the story of Creigh Deeds the person. That shows us pictures of where he grew up, maybe interviews a family member, or an old school teacher; something warm, gently humorous, and a little even nostalgic in tone (athough not in message.) I still feel that the people I'm meeting don't know Deeds the person.