Pages

Advertising

Bob McDonnell: Jeff Frederick Must Go!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Now THIS is fun!
"I have every intention of continuing as Chairman and completing my term in May 2012," Frederick said in the statement. " I have the commitments necessary to win the vote on April 4th, and will fulfill my term and the commitment to the people who entrusted me to lead our Party back to victory.

Former attorney general Bob McDonnell, the state Republican Party standard-bearer as the presumptive gubernatorial nominee, endorsed the effort to remove Frederick in a statement Thursday.

“It is clear to me, after hearing from Republican leaders across the state, that as we move forward with our campaign, as well as the other statewide and House of Delegates races, it would be helpful for the Republican Party of Virginia to have more effective leadership in this pivotal year,” McDonnell said in an e-mail.

So...the presumptive Republican gubernatorial nominee wants the party chairman to be replaced. Meanwhile, the party chairman says he's staying through 2012. How's this one going to play out, exactly, and how badly will Virginia Republicans damage themselves in the process? I don't know, but it's a crying shame, that's all I have to say. :)

h/t to NLS, who says that "Anarchy has officially hit the Republican Party!!!"