Pages

Advertising

Joe Lieberman: Yes, He's Truly Evil

Sunday, November 1, 2009


Lie after lie after lie by Joe LIEberman.
I'm all for health care reform, we have a system that needs fixing, but we've got some more urgent problems than that. And the first, most urgent, is to fix our economy, to get it creating jobs again. I think that a public option will actually HURT the economic recovery and our long-term fiscal situation because it will end up causing the government to raise taxes, it will probably raise premiums or it will put us further into debt.

You know, the public option came out of nowhere...The public option I think was raised in the last year by people who really want to have a government-controlled health insurance system. That's their right, I think they're wrong, but it's not necessary - as President Obama has said over and over again to achieve the goals that he has - so I hope it's not in there at the end.

I want to have health care reform, I want to be able to say 'yes'...but I feel so strongly about the creation of another government health insurance entitlement, the government going into the health insurance business, I think it's such a mistake that I would use the power I have as a single Senator to stop a final vote...I'd say to the people who are all of a sudden making the public option, a government health insurance company, the litmus test here, they're stopping us from getting something done!...Nothing is better than [health insurance reform that includes a public option].
Yes, Joe Lieberman is truly evil.

P.S. But thank god, at least he feels "relevant". (snark)

h/t: FireDogLake