Pages

Advertising

10th CD: Patrick Lewis Will NOT Be a Candidate After All

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I've been told by a close adviser to Patrick Lewis - who had filed and set up an exploratory committee - that he will not be a candidate after all for the Democratic nomination in the 10th Congressional District. Also note that Lewis' website has been taken down. Honestly, I never could get a grip on Lewis' candidacy. When I spoke with him, his response to pretty much every question I had was that he was on a "listening tour." Now, I have nothing against "listening tours" to find out what's on peoples' minds, to help decide what you should focus on in your campaign, to hone your message. But a "listening tour" to figure out where you stand on core issues, ranging from abortion to the public option to climate change to...? I don't get it.

Anyway, it's all irrelevant now, because Lewis is out of the race. With that, we're now down to two Democratic candidates - Rich Anthony and Dennis Findley - vying to take on phony "moderate" Frank Wolf. I have interview questions out to both candidates and hope to receive responses soon. After that, just as in the 1st CD, I will consider making an endorsement.

Speaking of the 1st CD, I just received an email informing me that Krystal Ball "will be on Morning Meeting with Dylan Ratigan, broadcast nationally, live on MSNBC today, November 24, 2009 at 10:00 AM EST." Congratulations to Krystal Ball on getting national TV exposure; not too shabby for a first-time congressional candidate a year out from the general election!