Pages

Advertising

Someone's Planning a Protest Against Sarah Palin in Fairfax? You Betcha!

Saturday, November 21, 2009

I just received the following email and was asked if I could post it. I think this is a worthwhile endeavor, so here you go!
Hi Lowell,

I read your blog all the time, and am a big fan. I didn't know of you were aware that Sarah Palin was going to do a book signing in Fairfax, VA...at the BJ's at Fair Lakes Shopping Center on 12/5 from 11-2.

A friend and I were planning to peacefully demonstrate outside the venue...just a simple sign to let the media know that Virginia voted to send Sarah and her divisive political agenda back to Alaska last year, and we wish she would have stayed there. Fairfax is one of the only "blue" places her book tour is visiting, and I think it is very important in light of McDonnell's election that democrats in VA take a stand. Sarah Palin is turning this book tour into a political statement, and demonstrating opposition is important. Sarah has taken shots at the President in numerous interviews and I just have to take a stand. If even just a few people show up with signs, it's better than nothing!

Would it be possible for you to do a posting on your blog to let them know that we will be there, and anyone can join us or contact me for details? This obviously would not be an "official event"...just a grassroots protest that would hopefully get a message out thru any media that is there. If you post my email, can you use virginiavoter4@gmail.com ?

Thanks so much!

Francesca White