Pages

Advertising

Terry and will.i.am Kick It Off In Norfolk

Monday, May 11, 2009

Will.i.am made his first appearance of four with Terry today starting off in Norfolk this morning with a brief stop before heading to Hampton. An adoring crowd thronged them afterwards for photographs, handshakes, and hugs. But will.i.am introduced Terry and explained why he is in Virginia campaigning on his behalf:
"My name is will.i.am and I'm here supporting Terry McAuliffe's campaign working in Virginia. I could be at home in Hollywood trying to get a gig or producing for somebody but I really believe in what Terry McAuliffe's trying to do here in Virginia, running for governor. I'm passionate about change; like Obama really changed my life. I campaigned for Obama when people really didn’t believe. Before the youth woke up, I was really trying to get the youth to wake up and go out and vote.

And here we are with a great President and it's not time to write a song, it's time to do things. Just recently I was on Oprah Winfrey and I sent four kids to college. Because I wanted to do my part. So I go out and deejay and I save all my money up and I'm going to start…I'm going to do that every year. I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and not just say it's all about change. I'm going to do it. Do the do. Do the do! And, it's important, right? It is one thing to send four kids to school, it's hard enough to send one, but four of them, wow, right…but its another thing for jobs to be there when kids graduate from school. And, I wish Terry McAuliffe lived in California, because then I'd be there trying to get him to be the governor of my state.

But I am an American citizen and every state's important and that's why I'm here with my friend Terry McAuliffe as he runs for governor of Virginia. Here he is, to bring more jobs to your state so that America can be on the right track and get out of this hole with Obama. And, it's going to take every mayor, every governor for the next four years, we only have four years to take advantage of this opportunity for change and restructure. So, I'm handing it off to Terry McAuliffe."

Good news is that Bob McDonnell's tracker apparently has some taste in music, for he surfaced for this event and plans to follow them through the day.