Pages

Advertising

Twitter Sucks!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

For some reason completely unbeknownst to me, Twitter has suspended my lowkell account. No explanation, nothing. I've emailed them, but who knows how long it will take them to respond. I'm really pissed, because I used Twitter a lot and it's completely Kafka-esque for them to do this. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to just tell Twitter to take a flying leap, I use it a lot and kind of need it. So, I've set up a new account as http://twitter.com/bluevirginia If you subscribed to my old account, or even if you didn't, please feel free to subscribe to my new account. That is, until Twitter decides to arbitrarily suspend that one too. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

UPDATE: With no explanation, I can now (apparently) use my lowkell account again. Meanwhile, in other news, Twitter has been down for much of the past couple of hours. Has thing grown too fast for its system to handle?

UPDATE #2: According to Twitter's status page, "Accounts affected by the “best video” exploit have been suspended for cleanup and will be restored shortly. Don’t worry, they’ll be back!" Apparently, that's what happened to my account; I just wish Twitter had let people know more directly, not just on an obscure "status" page I only found by searching around...