Pages

Advertising

Deeds Again Criticizes Moran Over Defense Contractor Contributions

Friday, May 22, 2009

There was an interesting exchange on this morning's Politics Program with Mark Plotkin in which Creigh Deeds took a hard swipe at Brian Moran on an issue that he has raised previously.

Question by Jamie from Spotsylvania: "Sen. Deeds, I wonder why you criticized one of your opponents for taking money from defense contractors and yet you solicited money from those same contractors..."

Response by Creigh Deeds:
...You misunderstand my criticism. My criticism was not of taking the defense contractor money or soliciting. My criticism was, number one, of accepting gifts from lobbyists for defense contractors who are under FBI investigation and not refunding the money once the investigations have become clear. And number two, accepting money from defense contractors who were able to get large earmarks because of the other candidate's brother. I don't have a brother in Congress, and I guess that's just sour grapes on my part but I don't think it's an unfair criticism.
Ah, primaries, gotta love 'em...