Pages

Advertising

Signer and Wagner Statements on Bowerbank Leaving the LG Race

Friday, May 15, 2009

From the Signer campaign:
STATEMENT FROM MIKE SIGNER ON JON BOWERBANK'S DEPARTURE FROM RACE

“Jon Bowerbank was a formidable opponent and I wish him the best of luck in his personal, professional, and future political life.”

“This development is great news for this campaign. We will now have a two-person race, with clear choices. Make no mistake: I am running because the Democratic Party I’ve been fighting for for nearly 15 years is about social justice and economic fairness. I have the fire in the belly to take on Bill Bolling with my message of turning the office of Lieutenant Governor from a placeholder to a public advocate and shine a spotlight on problems we’ve ignored for too long. As Senior Strategist to Tom Perriello on his upset race last year, I have a record of beating tough Republicans—and I can’t wait to do it again this fall.”

“With the highest number of online donors, growing union support, three Congressional District Democratic chairs, dozens of local Democratic chairs, and a growing number of elected officials joining my campaign, one thing is clear: this campaign is about momentum, which will take us through June 9 and to victory this fall."

For more information on our campaign, visit www.mikesigner.com

From Jody Wagner:
I want to sincerely thank Jon for his support. Since I entered this race last August, Jon and I have shared a commitment to addressing the critical issues that face the Commonwealth. Jon has been a tireless advocate for creating new jobs, expanding the economy, and strengthening our public education system. I have great respect for his experience in starting and growing a business in Virginia - a background we share, and one that will be critical in helping to turn our state into a leader in the industries of the future, such as renewable energy production. I look forward to campaigning alongside Jon in the coming weeks and months, and I know the Democratic Party of Virginia is fortunate to have his leadership.