Pages

Advertising

Jesse Ventura: Cheney is a "Coward," Prosecute People for "Waterboarding"

Tuesday, May 12, 2009


A few choice quotes from Jesse Ventura.

*"George Bush is the worst president in my lifetime...Barack Obama inherited something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.""

*"It's a good thing I'm not president, because I would prosecute every person involved in that torture. I would prosecute the people that did it. I would prosecute the people that ordered it. Because torture is against the law."

*"[As a Navy SEAL] I was waterboarded...it IS torture...it's drowning...it's no good...I'll put it to you this way: you give me a waterboard, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I'll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders."

*"...[Norm] Coleman's always been a hypocrite, he never does what he says. He said election night when he won that Franken should drop out and he should be the Senator, well then the same should hold true after the recount."

*"I don't have a lot of respect for Dick Cheney, here's a guy who got five deferments from the Vietnam War. Clearly, he's a coward. He wouldn't go when it was his time to go and now he's a chickenhawk, now he's this big tough guy who wants this hard core policy, and he's the guy that sanctioned all this torture by calling it enhanced interrogation...I have no respect for Dick Cheney, I have tremendous respect for Colin Powell."

*"They say it's prevented things by us torturing? If that's the case then why haven't we caught Bin Laden? Because we got his people and if we tortured them they ought to be able to tell us where he's at. See, it don't work, we haven't captured Bin Laden, we haven't done anything. Torture does not work.