Pages

Advertising

Has This Ever Happened Before?

Sunday, May 3, 2009

I just got back from a weekend in Atlanta, and I had the following message from Bill Clinton waiting on my answering machine:
I wanted to let you know about Adam Parkhomenko. He’s running to be your delegate in Richmond, and I’m proud to endorse him. He’s number 5 on the ballot.

I’ve worked closely with Adam. He’s one of the hardest working people I’ve ever met. He’ll bring new energy to the job and that’s a really good thing—especially with all the challenges we’ve got.

Adam Parkhomenko will provide the strong leadership Arlington needs for the future, so please vote for Adam Parkhomenko on Tuesday, June 9. Thanks.
My first thought was "holy crap, a former President of the United States is making an endorsement in a House of Delegates primary?" My second reaction was, "holy crap, a former President of the United States is making an endorsement in a House of Delegates primary?" :) But seriously, has a former President of the United States ever endorsed in ANY Virginia House of Delegates race? If so, who was it and when, because it certainly was before I got involved.

P.S. Although I'm supporting Miles Grant - because I believe he'll make a super-strong progressive, pro-environment delegate - in the 47th HoD race, Adam Parkhomenko is a good friend and I certainly congratulate him on this!

P.P.S. For those who aren't aware, Adam Parkhomenko worked for the Hillary for President campaign and has very close ties with numerous Clinton folks.