Pages

Advertising

Creigh Deeds on Bob McDonnell's Economic "Plan"

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Earlier today, Creigh Deeds had some choice words in response to the release of Bob McDonnell's/Bill Bolling's economic "plan":
As Governor, my chief responsibility will be to restore confidence in Virginia’s economy. I will take the personal responsibility of leading our Commonwealth’s economy and spearheading bipartisan efforts for job creation. I intend to work with Democrats and Republicans to create jobs, but I don’t intend to pass the buck on Virginia’s economy.

My opponent has a long record of supporting Jim Gilmore’s fiscal gimmicks and opposing Mark Warner’s bipartisan economic recovery plan. So, it’s no wonder my opponent wants to appoint somebody else to be in charge of job creation.

As a state legislator, I patroned legislation that revamped the Governor's Opportunity Fund, helping to bring millions of investments and thousands of jobs to Virginia. As Governor, I will work across party lines to create jobs and opportunities in all corners of the Commonwealth. I will bring jobs to Virginia by rebuilding our transportation system and investing in our educational institutions to ensure that we build the smartest workforce in the world.
Nice response.

UPDATE: Jody Wagner adds, "As is the recent trend, Bill Bolling's 'initiatives' for creating new jobs falls a day late and a dollar short." For the rest of Wagner's press release, see the comments section of this post.