Pages

Advertising

I Love Gmail, But...

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

...today is not a good day.
Google's Gmail service has been knocked offline for much of the day in many places.

Google says a "majority" of users were affected.

It's not immediately clear what caused the disruption. Google did not immediately return messages left by The Associated Press.
I actually had access to Gmail most of the day, but lost it in the last couple of hours. Maybe it was all that crazed anti-McDonnell stuff I was sending around? Ha, just kidding. I think. :)

So, what do you do when Gmail is down? Use Facebook? Twitter? The telephone? Actually talk to people face-to-face? OK, forget the last one, I had a moment of insanity/reversion to the 1970s. Ha.

UPDATE 5:17 pm: I can now access Gmail, civilization as we know it is saved!!! :)