Pages

Advertising

Deeds Campaign Goes on Air in NOVA

Tuesday, September 8, 2009


It looks like the Deeds campaign is finally responding to Bob McDonnell's near-saturation TV advertising in NOVA. I mean, seriously, you could barely turn on a TV the last few days around here without seeing Bob McDonnell throwing a football to one of his sons and posing with his picture-perfect family in Suburbia, USA (message: Bob McDonnell's not an extremist, he's just an ordinary, normal person like you and me). Ugh.
Creigh Deeds’ campaign for governor released a new TV ad Tuesday morning that is currently airing on broadcast television in Northern Virginia.

The ad, “September,” highlights Deeds’ plans to protect Virginia school funding, improve educational accountability and create 70,000 new degrees over then next 10 years.

“My mom sent me off to college with just four 20-dollar bills,” Deeds says in the ad. “So I know that education is the best investment Virginia can make for our children and in our future.”
P.S. Needless to say, it's very smart to focus on education as a new school year kicks off. I'd also point out that there are an awful lot of mothers who are dropping their kids off at school today, then heading off to work. Bob McDonnell wrote that this is "detrimental" to the family; I'd love to see him go up to a few of those women today and tell them that to their faces. Ha.