Pages

Advertising

Peter, We Hardly Knew Ya!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I was really bummed yesterday to receive the following news (see below). For those who don't know him, Peter Rousselot - chairman of the Arlington County Democratic Committee -- is one of the best, if not the best, Democratic committee chair in Virginia. Of course, you could argue that it's not so hard to perform at a high level in Arlington, among the bluest of blue Virginia counties. There's definitely truth to that, but all I can say is that Peter has been a pleasure to deal with - professional, patient, encouraging, enthusiastic, organized, approachable, smart, and netroots savvy. What more could you ask for in a Democratic committee chair? I'm glad to see that Peter isn't going anywhere until January 2010, and I'll definitely miss his leadership when he's gone. Fortunately, odds are that in Arlington, the next committee chair will be a good one as well. Any Scott Surovells or Pete Frisbies out there in Arlington County? :)
TO OUR ARLINGTON ELECTED OFFICIALS, ACDC STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS, ACDC PRECINCT CAPTAINS, AND AYD EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:

I will not seek re-election to a third term when my second term as Chair of the Arlington County Democratic Committee (ACDC) expires in January 2010.

I am announcing this decision early in the year specifically to encourage other fine ACDC leaders to plan and run for election as ACDC Chair. The election for ACDC Chair (along with various other elected ACDC leadership positions) will be held at an ACDC Reorganization Meeting currently scheduled to take place on January 6, 2010. More details about these matters, including the specifics regarding who is entitled to vote in the elections at this Reorganization Meeting, are described in the copy of the ACDC By-Laws available for review on the ACDC website at http://www.arlingtondemocrats.org/ht/d/sp/i/402320/pid/402320

All three of my immediate predecessors as ACDC Chair served only one two-year term. It has been my great good fortune to be able to serve twice as long. I will be working very hard for the rest of the year to continue the great progress we have made as Democrats. Toward the end of 2009, I will present a detailed statement regarding what our ACDC leadership team has accomplished since I became Chair in January 2006.
PETER ROUSSELOT