Pages

Advertising

Comment on the Samaha/Goddard Letter

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

After sleeping on this (actually I didn't sleep much, because we had a power outage most of the night and it was hot and muggy), I've decided that although the letter by Omar Samaha and Colin Goddard was definitely newsworthy (the story is on numerous media outlets, including NBC12, the Washington Post, the Virginian-Pilot, etc.), I don't want the 2009 Democratic primary campaign to end on this note, at least not on this blog. For that reason, and also because I like and respect Creigh Deeds very much (although I disagree with him strongly on environmental and several "social issues" like guns), I have taken down the post. Now, I hope everyone goes and votes for their candidate of choice (polls open at 6 am). Obviously, my choice is Terry McAuliffe. May the best man win today, and at 7 pm tonight, let's all unite as Democrats behind our ticket. Thank you, and peace.

P.S. I also wish that Samaha and Goddard had released their letter much earlier than election eve, and certainly without the involvement in any way, shape or form of any political campaign.