Pages

Advertising

McDonnell Reverses Kaine on Transfer of Murderer to Germany

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I applaud Bob McDonnell for this.
In his first reversal of his predecessor's actions, Gov. Bob McDonnell (R) sent a letter last night to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder revoking the state's consent to the transfer of convicted murderer and former University of Virginia honors student Jens Soering to Germany.

[...]

"All parties are in agreement that Virginia must oppose this transfer,'' McDonnell said. "I believe that as the Governor of Virginia, with custody of Jens Soering, I am responsible for ensuring that justice is done. It is imperative that Soering serve out his punishment in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Consequently, I hereby revoke Virginia's consent to the transfer of Soering to the federal government."
I agree. Good decision by Bob McDonnell.