Pages

Advertising

What on Earth is Lionell Spruill Talking About?!?

Saturday, February 21, 2009



"This time they [House of Delegates Republicans] got it right to kill that [redistricting] bill, and I will vote with them every time...my favorite delegate is John Cosgrove...I do applaud Republicans for one time looking out for black folks...I'll give you credit for that." - Lionell Spruill

Remind me again, why does anyone hire Lionell Spruill when he says absurd, embarrassing garbage like this? With regard to the merits of the issue Spruill talks about here (redistricting reform), I agree with what Ben writes at NLS: "I don't see how it is in the interests of an overwhelmingly Democratic constituency to have districts that favor having a Republican majority in the House of Delegates." Excellent point.