Pages

Advertising

David Englin to Retire from Virginia House of Delegates

Monday, April 2, 2012


NLS has the scoop, which I've confirmed with my own sources.
At the Alexandria City Democratic Committee meeting.  Delegate David Englin planning to announce his retirement from the House of Delegates tonight, citing the damage done to his family when he was recently involved in an extramarital affair.
It's sad, as Englin was a strong progressive champion, very effective on the General Assembly floor from what I hear. Also, Englin was widely seen as having a promising political future, probably a run for Congress when Jim Moran retires. Obviously, that's now called into doubt, to put it mildly. Anyway, I wish David the best of luck in getting his life back together. Even if all this was the result of his own mistakes, which people have been telling me all about the past few weeks, I still wouldn't wish this on anyone.P.S. I wonder who will run for David's seat. One name that springs to mind is Rob Krupicka, no idea if he's interested though.
P.P.S. I just heard a rumor from a reliable source that Shayna Englin might be running for this seat. Wow.
P.P.P.S. I just heard from another reliable source that Shayna is NOT running for this seat. OK, I'm done - you figure this one out! LOL
UPDATE: Englin's statement is now online. I've also posted it on the "flip." Why retire - serving out his term through 2013 - and not resign, if he needs to get his life together now? I don't get it.