Pages

Advertising

Donald McEachin: Cooch Is "living the thesis"

Friday, March 5, 2010

If you missed this Washington Post story, you have to read it to believe it. Yes, our insane, fanatic, know-nothing Attorney General is at it again.
Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II has asked the state's public colleges and universities to rescind policies that ban discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, arguing in a letter sent to each school Thursday that their boards of visitors have no legal authority to adopt such statements.

[...]

The opinion is likely to spark outrage with many students and faculty at Virginia schools.

"What he's saying is reprehensible," said Vincent F. Callahan Jr., a former Republican member of the House of Delegates who serves on the Board of Visitors of George Mason University. "I don't know what he's doing, opening up this can of worms."
I mean, damn, I knew this guy was crazy, but this move leaves me almost speechless (not to mention enraged) at it sheer hatefulness. For now, I'll just repeat what Senator McEachin said to me via email, that "It certainly appears as though the Governor and his attorney general may be living the thesis." Hello, my fellow citizens of Virginia? Are you having a bit of "buyer's remorse" yet?

P.S. Rachel Maddow weighs in, writing that Virginia is "rolling civil rights back, again." What a disgrace.