Pages

Advertising

Del. Rob Krupicka Announces He Will Not Run for Reelection

Monday, March 16, 2015


Just got this from Del. Rob Krupicka...wow, I did NOT expect that!P.S. My understanding is that there are only 10 days until the filing deadline, which is not much time for anyone to decide to run, get organized, gather signatures, etc.
Serving the people of Alexandria, Arlington, and Fairfax has been one of the greatest honors of my life. For the past 12 years, I have had the chance to serve as an elected official in one of the most vibrant, diverse, civically-engaged places in the United States. It is always humbling to talk to my constituents because they always know so much about so many issues and they always teach me something.Coming back from session this year, I was forced to evaluate the number of hours in the day and how I fill them. Between business, family, and public service, it is clear that I'm burning more candles at more ends than I can sustain.
I have a growing business with employees and investors that depend on me---a business that gives me a chance to put my values into action by supporting local non-profits, promoting a strong wage, and by giving people a second or third chance to get on their feet. I have also spent time in the last weeks reflecting on the fact that my family has tolerated me missing a lot due to public responsibilities.
Having spent over half of my adult life involved in public service in some way or another, it is time for me to step back from elected life to focus on my growing business and on my family. I don't like to do anything halfway and the demands on my time make it impossible for me to be the engaged, active public servant that I have always tried to be.

lowkell :: Del. Rob Krupicka Announces He Will Not Run for Reelection
I believe in Virginia's part-time public service model. It is designed to minimize politics as a career and to give a variety of people the chance to serve and better the Commonwealth. It also inevitably creates conflict with an individual's family, financial, and career needs. After 12 years, that conflict has become too stark for me.There are many good people who have the time and passion to serve the 45th district well. I know the district will be well-served by whomever holds the 45th district delegate seat.
It will take years to say thank you to all my friends and family that have enabled my service and supported me over the years. You all put up with the all too frequent requests to volunteer or donate and much more. I know our work together has left things a bit better than we found them. I know we have more to do. I am looking forward to finishing my term, with a focus on my early childhood work, and then continuing civic activities and working with all of you through my business and as a community volunteer.
In Service,
Rob