Video: Don Beyer Wins Gerry Connolly's St. Patrick's Day Straw Poll

Monday, March 17, 2014

Here's video of Rep. Gerry Connolly announcing the results from tonight's St. Patrick's Day "fete" and straw poll. With about 400 ballots cast, Don Beyer won with 35%, Charniele Herring finished 2nd with 13%, Lavern Chatman was 3rd with 12%, Adam Ebbin was 4th with 11%, Bill Euille and Alfonso Lopez tied for 5th at 7%, Mark Levine was 7th at 6%, and Bruce Shuttleworth and Satish Korpe were tied for 8th at 1%. Since they weren't mentioned in the vote total, Patrick Hope, Nancy Najarian and Derek Hyra presumably didn't get any votes. More video to follow in the comments section of this post... P.S. I just realized that if you add up the percentages, you only get 93%, leaving 7% unaccounted for. Hmmmmm...mystery! UPDATE Tuesday morning: I got the full results of the straw poll. With 364 ballots cast, it was Beyer 127 (34%), Herring 46 (13%), Chatman 44 (12%), Ebbin 41 (11%), Euille/Lopez/Hope with 25 each (7% each), Levine 22 (6%), Shuttleworth 4 (1%) and Korpe 4 (1%). Nancy Najarian got 1 vote (0%) and Derek Hyra got zero votes (0%).